Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up (One Day Late)

Erik and I had a really good weekend! Unfortunately we only took one picture the whole weekend so you'll have to endure my babbling for today. 

It started on Friday night with dinner at Magleby's Fresh.  That place is seriously delicious and I hadn't been in forever and Erik had never been.  My friend Allison introduced me to their Stuffed Breadstick a few years ago and I've been hooked ever since.  I also recommend the BBQ Chicken Salad which is delish. Erik had the French Toast Platter which they serve all day long and he says it's his new favorite french toast place. Yum-o! 

How much do you love that girl's face behind me?
Then we headed to BYU to see Christmas Around the World. It was so, so good!! I've been a couple of other times and I think I forgot how good it was. Erik said it was his favorite thing he's ever been to - but I have a feeling he's not including sporting events  in that assessment. If you're looking for a great family friendly Christmas activity I highly recommend Christmas Around the World. It features the BYU International Folk Dance Ensemble and they perform dances from all over the world (hence the name of the show). The tickets are a little pricey for a tight budget (they start at $12 for non-students) but it is so worth it! 

Saturday I woke up with a sore throat and just felt yucky all day, so Erik surprised me and came home from work with pizza. Now I know that doesn't seem like a big deal but it was just what the doctor ordered especially because he also brought home root beer. I LOVE root beer. And pizza and root beer is just about the worlds best combination. Oh and for dessert...Chocolate Lava Crunch Cakes which are my new favorite thing. You simply must try them for yourself because I simply cannot describe the deliciousness in words. Then I got to spend the night on the couch with my sweetie watching "Lost" (We're completely obsessed by the way. Thank goodness for Netflix Instant Play and the XBOX Erik got from his cousin Cam, and his friend/boss Andrew, for our wedding. Yes that's right, he got an XBOX as a wedding present.) Such a perfect evening at home. 

On Sunday we went to church where Erik and I had the privilege of substituting in the 5-year-old primary class. We taught three adorable little kids about the golden rule and choosing the right. They were too much fun. We drew pictures of our favorite things and made CTR necklaces...I wish we got to do fun things like that in Relief Society! 

That night we watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It was fantastic as always. It was wonderful to hear the leaders of our church and sort of refocus on what's important this time of year. If you missed make sure to go to lds.org and watch or listen to it. They played a portion of a new church movie, "A Gift to the World", and it was gorgeous depiction of the birth of the Savior. Even if you aren't of our faith, I'm sure you'd love it! 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Michael said...

What an unfortunate picture of the woman in green behind you.