Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Homemade Salsa & Fish Tacos

I rarely post recipes mostly because I'm not that great of a cook, and I kind of suck at taking food pictures. But today I couldn't resist. 

I found the most amazing salsa recipe on Pinterest a while back and Erik and I made it last weekend. The recipe came from Erin at One Particular Kitchen. My FIL said it was the best salsa he's ever had - and he is a world traveler who loves salsa, so that's really sayin' something. The recipe makes a huge batch so I put some in mason jars and gave it to a few of our best friends for Christmas. I could probably ramble about this stuff all day, because it's so good, but I'll spare you. Just go make it. I promise you won't be disappointed. 


The next recipe is for homemade Rubio's fish tacos. Despite living in Orange County my entire life I just started eating fish tacos a couple years ago - and Rubio's are definitely my favorite. I've been craving them for days but the closest Rubio's is 45 minutes away. So I decided to make my own version at home. I found this recipe that has directions for fish, white sauce, and salsa - but I simplified things by buying the pre-breaded frozen fish fillets. Since we already had our salsa the only thing I had to make was the white sauce (which takes about two seconds). Throw it all on some corn tortillas with cabbage and a little lime juice and you've got delicious homemade Rubio's fish tacos.  


Photobucket

No comments: