Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Royal Wedding

So I know every other person in the blogosphere has already posted about the this but I couldn't resist.  Oh my  heck...the royal wedding was amazing.  Despite the fact that I'm generally wedding obsessed, I actually only caught on to the royal wedding buzz this week.  I don't know how I've managed to not realize what a massive deal this wedding was until now but somehow I did.  But I'm sure glad I finally caught on.  

And as I watched all the festivities I realized why all the women in the world were glued to their televisions on Friday morning...because it's every little girl's dream to be a princess.  Kate Middleton is living the dream and all of our romantic hearts just couldn't get enough.  

My mom and I didn't actually stay up all night to watch but we DVR'd the whole thing and spent about 5 hours watching it on Friday when we got up.  We were totally enamored.  I almost cried when Kate walked down the aisle and we got to see Harry and then William look back at her.  What a sweet moment.  And the look in the happy couples' eyes when she got to the altar was just so cute.  Kate and William are adorable.  Here are some of my favorite pics of the whole grand affair:

First sighting of Kate!  She didn't even look nervous!

Gorgeous.  

Stunning.  

Absolutely LOVE her dress!  And her veil!  And her tiara!

Arm in arm with her dad.  

And didn't Pippa look gorgeous too?!

These kids were THE cutest!

Yay!  They're married!

Carriage = AMAZING.  

And the first public kiss.  Precious.  
I basically loved everything about the wedding.  From the fab hats (I really think we need to bring that tradition to the U.S. by the way...anybody with me?) to the grand church, Kate's dress, the adorable bridesmaids and groomsmen, William's snazzy military uniform, and just all the pomp and circumstance in general.  The only thing I didn't love...Kate's bouquet.  Does anyone else think it should have been bigger?  

There are even more fabulous pictures on todayshow.com.  

Well I'm off to figure out how I'm going to earn some money so I can go visit London now.  I've wanted to go forever and now I want to go even more.  

Cheerio, darlings! 

No comments: