Thursday, April 28, 2011

Graduation

 I finally did it!  I graduated last week from BYU with a BA in Communications: Broadcast Journalism.  With my mission thrown in the middle of it all, it's taken me 6 years to finish college and I couldn't be more happy.  BYU was the absolute perfect place for me and I had the most amazing experiences and made the most wonderful friends.  I almost started crying during my convocation.  Being done is so bittersweet.  I'm thrilled to not have to write any more papers or take any more tests but I will be very sad to leave it all behind.  But my future is very bright and I'm excited for everything that lies ahead of me!


Day One: Commencement
This is the part where everybody goes to the Marriott Center.  All the grads line up outside and then walk into the building in these massive lines.  I was super excited to be graduating with Skylar, Andrew, and Darin who are three of my good friends and the husbands/fiances of three of my best friends in the whole world.  We got to sit together in the Marriott Center and we even ended up the in the section our families were sitting in. We couldn't have planned it if we had tried!  We got to hear from Elder Richard G. Scott that day and he gave a wonderful talk with great advice about the future.  I loved getting to see all the grads in their caps and gowns.  I'm a sucker for traditions, especially ones with all the pomp and circumstance of graduation.  

Parents and grandparents.  

I have the best parents.  They have been so supportive throughout all my school!!  I couldn't have done it without them (and not only because they paid for everything)!

My mom and I.  

Aren't my grandparents adorable?!

I told you we all got to sit together!  It made all the waiting in line much more enjoyable.  

Andrew, Darin, Me, and Skylar.  

Molly, Brillante, Me, and Kaitlin.

Can we just talk about the amazing tights I wore?!  My mom gave me a hard time about them but I said, "The only thing that's going to show is my feet so I'm going to make a statement!"

Day Two: Convocation
 This is the part where you are with your particular college and you actually get to have your name called and walk across the stage.  For me this took place in the De Jong Concert Hall in the Harris Fine Arts Center.  We had some great speakers including Art Rascon (who is a BYU grad and award winning journalist who has covered huge stories all over the world) and my good friend Kylee Knoles!  It was so fun to be with the whole Communications Department and cheer each other on.  

Walking across the stage and everyone excited to be done!

The whole fam...the ones who were there at least.  

With the parentals.  

Love my mom to death.  

Three generations.  

Like I said, they are adorable.  

My sister Rachel and I.

Who's that handsome guy?

I had an awesome surprise!  Our good friends Linda and Aaron Orullion from out ward back in CA came to graduation!  They moved to UT awhile back and I hadn't seen them in forever!

Great professors!  Chad Curtis, Dale Cressman, and Robert Walz.

Day Three:  The Pictures We Forgot To Take On Days One and Two
We totally forgot to go take pictures with the iconic BYU signs at the entrance to campus.  So on our way out of town I threw my cap and gown on one more time and snapped these pictures.

No comments: