Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Festival of Colors

This year I finally went to the Hare Krishna Festival of Colors.  This is a huge tradition among Provo-ites.  The day after the festival Facebook erupts with photos of BYU students covered in colored powder.  

The Festival of Colors is an Indian holiday also known as "Holi".  I'm not really sure what the significance or purpose of the holiday is, but basically thousands of people head to the Hare Krishna temple in Spanish Fork and throw brightly colored powder at each other.  Sounds weird, but it's a total blast.  And I guess the Utah Festival of Colors is the biggest one in North America!  Who knew?!  

Cute Kylee Knoles did a story about the festival on BYU Weekly that you should definitely check out.  I went with Molly, Brillante, and Darin and wanted to share some of our colorful photos.

Before the madness really began...

I like how you can see us get more and more colorful. 

Molly in attack mode. 


We look like a beautiful rainbow...maybe even a double rainbow.  

The happy couple...I'll definitely be showing these to their kids.  
I got some color on my teeth...it was kind of gross.


Darin loving life...I guess Molly and Brillante took a picture like this one a couple of years ago so we had to do it again.  

We're all kind of hoping the baby comes out rainbow colored now. 

Now the question is, how do I get all of this stuff off...

No comments: