Thursday, February 24, 2011

Valentine's Day

It just occurred to me that I never blogged about Valentine's Day!! Not that any of you really care but I want to take this opportunity to brag about my super awesome boyfriend. Yes, I am totally turning into one of those girls that I hate who just talks about her boyfriend all the time and how amazing he is and you basically want to gag more and more with every word that comes out of her mouth. But I'm in love and this is my blog so I'm going to write what I want to write. Anywho...I had been telling Erik for like two weeks before Valentine's Day that he better be planning something good because I wasn't going to do it (I'm super needy that way...it was my first Valentine's Day with a Valentine and I wanted to be pampered, gosh dang it). So being the obedient kind, and loving boyfriend that he is, he planned a great evening. I don't have any pictures because I was of course running late for our date night and Erik had to pick me up straight from school and I didn't bring my camera with me.  

When he came to pick me up I was greeted with all of your typical, cliche Valentine's gifts: heart shaped box of chocolates, a necklace, a teddy bear, and roses.  


And I loved all of it!!  Plus I got three bags of my all time favorite candy: 
Sour Patch Watermelons.



Erik really knows the key to my heart.  Seriously people, if you haven't tried these things rush to your local Maverick and pick up a bag right this second.  It will change your life.  And the amazingness didn't stop there.  I also got this:


My first ever, real grown-up perfume that isn't a knock off from Wal-Mart.  The stuff smells divine.  Erik and I were at Macy's a couple weeks ago and I told him how I really wanted a signature scent, but I apparently have terrible taste in perfume because my roommates told me couple of years ago that the perfume I was wearing at the time smelled like a grandma...and not in a good way (wow that was a really long sentence...did you catch all of that?).  So he and I smelled all the perfume at Macy's and we decided our favorite was Acqua di Gioia by Giorgio Armani.  And Erik just happens to wear Acqua di Gio so now we're scent twinners!  How precious is that?!

Anywho...then we had dinner at Macaroni Grill which is probably my favorite restaurant (you've got to try the Penne Rustica...mmmm...so good).  And it's quickly turning into a tradition for Erik and I.  It's where he took me on our first real date...*sigh*.  


After dinner we headed up to Heber City for the absolute best part of the evening...drumroll please...


Yes...that's right...we went to see Justin Bieber: Never Say Never.  I didn't have Beiber fever before the seeing this movie but I definitely do now.  I had been joking with Erik ever since I saw the movie trailer that we should go see it for Valentine's Day but I never thought we would actually do it.  But he surprised me...and showed how much he truly loves me by enduring two hours of the Beibs in 3D.  And yes, I was dancing in my seat and singing along throughout the whole movie.  And yes, I squealed like a 13-year-old girl when Usher and Miley Cyrus made cameos (I might have a slight crush on Usher...and a bit of a Hannah Montana obsession and just between you and me, the Hannah Montana movie was the first movie I saw when I got home from my mission...but shhhh...don't tell anybody I told you).

The whole evening was really more than I could ask for -- especially because Erik didn't even get his present until four days later.  What can you expect...his Christmas present isn't even done yet.  I'm really blessed to have such a patient guy in my life.  

1 comment:

Me, Jane said...

What fun to finally get the details about your evening! Yes, you are very lucky to have him in your life! Like I told you before, he did more for you on this holiday than Dad has ever done for me on it! Enjoy the honeymoon deary! Love you two and miss you! Can hardly wait to get up there and spend some more time with you all!
Love,
Me, Mom