Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The happiest place on earth!

For President's Day Weekend Erik and I hit the road to California looking forward to a long weekend away from the snow and cold of Utah. Unfortunately, we were met by the rain and humidity of the OC. But it was still a FABULOUS weekend. We hit up some of my favorite restaurants (Pick-Up Stix, The Whole Enchilada, and Harbor Fish Grill), relaxed at home with my family, and took Erik to my home ward for the first time (where lots of little old ladies exclaimed, "He's soooo cute!"...it was adorable) But the most exciting part of the weekend was of course going to Disneyland...for free. That's the best part of living in SoCal -- you always know people who work at Disneyland and are totally willing to sign you in for free. Erik hadn't been since he was a little kid so it was fun to help him relive his childhood. I tried to take lots of pictures but he's a total party pooper and wasn't too into that.
But I did manage to snap a few.


My mom made us all go on the carousel!
We felt like kids again!

Erik and I tried to pull Excaliber out to no avail...bummer.
It just wouldn't budge.


We all got scared of the abominable snowman on the Matterhorn.


And I convinced these two to try on some "Goofy" hats at the gift shop.
I was dying to buy those sequined covered Minnie Mouse ears but the dang things were $20!


I acted a little silly, while Erik looked like a total stud.
Look for him next season on America's Next Top Male Model.


We enjoyed free-falling on the Tower of Terror right before the sky let loose.


All in all we had a very magical day!
I just LOVE Disneyland!

4 comments:

Myleka and Chris said...

I love Disneyland! You look fabulous and your boyfriend is so handsome! glad I found your blog

Elicia said...

I am so jealous! It looks like a blast!!!

Me, Jane said...

WOW! The pictures turned out GRRRRREAT! It was a wonderful day until the downpour started. Loved spending the day with you two. It was soooo much fun, even though Thunder Mtn. and the Matterhorn made me nauseated!

alisonwonderland said...

What fun photos!