Saturday, September 25, 2010

Savory Chicken Bites


This is my cousin Lori's recipe and it is so delicious and so easy to make! I've made two batches in the last week. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp onion salt
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1 cup fined chopped chicken
2 cans refrigerated crescent roll dough

*To cut down on the calories I used light cream cheese and reduced fat crescent rolls. I also added quite a bit more chicken so I could add more filling to each roll.

Preparation:
Mix first 6 ingredients then add in the cooked chicken. Separate 2 cans of crescent roll dough into 8 rectangles and press perforations to seal. Spread about 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture over each dough rectangle. Roll dough, jellyroll fashion, pinch seams to seal. Cut each roll into 5 pieces; place seam side down on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: