Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Eleven News at Noon

Here is my newscast from today!  I anchored the show today and put together a package that I shot a while back.  Go to 9:17 to see my story about Ogden-based Whirlybird Helicopters.  Whirlybird owner Adam Wilkerson started a program called Inches for Hours.  Aspiring pilots get a free hour of flight if they donate their hair to Locks of Love.  I spent a really fun afternoon with the guys at Whirlybird and I even got to go on a helicopter ride!  They are a great bunch of pilots, and not that I'm an expert or anything, but I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to take flying lessons.  They are always doing their best to give back to the community and on March 26th and 27th they are teaming up with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation for an open house at their Ogden and Spanish Fork locations.  It goes from 9am-8pm both days and they'll donate $5 a ride to the foundation.  So go check it out and take a ride in a helicopter!  I sure you'll have as much fun as I did! And to find out more about Whirlybird go here.  
  
  For my package I also interviewed a darling girl named Alexis who received a wig from Locks of Love.  I really enjoyed meeting Alexis and her mom Lara.  Alexis is a very strong nine-year-old who lost her hair at age 5 from a disease called Alopecia.  For anyone who doesn't know about Locks of Love -- they make wigs out of donated hair and give them to children suffering from long-term hair loss.  It is a great organization and the wigs mean so much to the kids who receive them.  I've known quite a few people who have donated their hair and if mine actually grew faster than an inch a year I would participate as well.  For more info on Locks of Love and for instructions on how to donate go here.  

I hope you enjoy the show!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job, honey! You're still the best one on the show! Loved the helicopter story. You're ad-libbing was much better!! The blue blazer looked good, but needed to be ironed on the right side! Sending this to Ganny and Gramps! So proud of you! Idaho Falls here you come! Love,
Me, Mom