Monday, August 1, 2011

New

Hey y'all! So you might have noticed that my little blog has undergone quite the transformation since the last time I posted.  And it's all thanks to my amazing friend Joelle from Where We Love is Home.  I've mentioned Joelle on her before.  She and I have been friends since forever.  We grew up across the street from each other.  She has grown into a completely gorgeous and very talented woman.  She designed her own blog and graciously offered to redesign mine.  I think it was mostly out of pity...because my previous blog design was, well...pitiful.  And I have to say she did a knock-out job.  Everything is better than I could have imagined.

I've been waiting for the perfect post to christen the new design.  And today I realized exactly what it should be...

On Saturday at 9:57 pm, Reese Marie Hunter was born to my very dear friends Molly and Andrew.  She was a perfect 7 lbs 10 oz, 19.5 inches.

After a bit a of scare when Reese's heart rate dropped dangerously low, Molly had a flawless delivery and mother and baby are both doing very well.

Yesterday I got to go meet her at the hospital with Erik and our other very dear friends Brillante, Darin, Kaitlin, and Skylar -- oh and we can't forget Anne who was there by telephone!  It was such a sweet moment being in the hospital room together.  Molly, Brillante, Kaitlin, Anne and I have been together since our freshmen year at BYU.  We've been through ups and downs, heartbreaks and eventually weddings.  And now Molly and Andrew have welcomed their first little darling into the world.  It has been amazing seeing Molly go through this whole pregnancy alongside Kaitlin (who is due in two weeks). From finding out she was expecting, to feeling Reese kick, to finally meeting the sweet bundle of joy yesterday.  I'll admit I had tears in my eyes when I saw the first pictures of Reese.  These girls are like sisters to me and now Reese is just one of the bunch.  She'll get a lot of lovin' from this group.  And we've already planned her eventual marriage to Cohen Rackham.  And she's got some of the best parents a girl could ask for.  

Brillante and Reese. 

Me and Reese. 

Kaitlin and Reese. (+ Reese's future hubby Cohen inside Kaitlin's belly)

Everybody and Reese.  

I apologize for the bad lighting.  Apparently hospital rooms are not ideal for photo shoots.  And I promise the boys did get to hold little Reesey Poo as well...I just neglected to snap any photos of them.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anne said...

I'm so glad I was able to be there by telephone! Reese is so cute, I can't believe how much hair she has! Also, I love your new blog. I was completely amazed when I saw the clothes line and wondered how you did it. Now I know, Haha.

Me, Jane said...

WOW! She's soooo cute and what a head of hair! Thanks for posting the pictures. Everyone looks great and totally happy! Congrats to Molly and Andrew!