Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Years Eve: Part 1

Erik and I spent the first part of New Year's Eve with my folks. We had such a great time! It started with a yummy dinner at Macaroni Grill. I don't think I'll ever get enough of their bread and Penne Rustica. Then we headed over to Temple Square to see the beautiful Christmas lights.  






It was just as beautiful as always. And it was so neat to be there with my parents. I've always been in CA for Christmas and New Years so it's the first time we've gone to see the lights together. 


After walking around for a bit we were all freezing so we went into the Joseph Smith Building and found out that on New Year's Eve they have tons of free performances. What a great surprise! We grabbed a schedule for the evening and then went over the the Tabernacle. 


We were able to see a group called Broadway & Co and another called One Clear Voice. They were both amazing! One of the men in Broadway & Co sang "Music of the Night" from "Phantom of the Opera" and it was out of this world. I definitely had chills. And One Clear Voice ended with a great rendition of Go Tell It On the Mountain that had everybody clapping and dancing in their seats.


Before we left we had to walk by the Christus statue. There is such a special spirit in that room, and a great way to end our evening. 

Photobucket

No comments: